Questions to ask Surgeon
This section is not intended for men who have a serious
problem with their foreskin, such as balanitis, phimosis, etc. If you have a serious
problem, please consult your doctor.
This section is intended for men who are considering
having a circumcision, in order to increase the sensations that they experience during
- What are the potential risks and complications of being
circumcised as an adult? Are they greater at my age?
- Will the sensations of intercourse be similar after being
circumcised to what I experience now by taping back my foreskin?
- What circumcision technique to you prefer for adults?
- What part of the foreskin do you typically remove?
- Describe the surgery itself, and the recovery period?
- How long after surgery before sex can resume?
- How noticeable is the scar after one month? After one
- How many adult circumcisions do you perform each
year? (This is a key question. If the surgeon doesn't perform at least five
per year, get a circumcision elsewhere.)
- Is there anything that you noticed about my foreskin, that
should influence my decision on whether to be circumcised?
Male Sexual Wellspring Center